This community was created due to the fact that there are so many piccolo players on LiveJournal with nowhere to go to talk about just piccolos! There are plenty of communities out there for flutes, but not many for us. Well, you've just found one! This is a very elite community, where you can be a member only by invitation! You must be a dedicated piccolo player to be invited, even if you're just a beginner.
Here, you'll find links to amazing sites with resources for piccolo players such as music, recordings, repertoire, fingerings, articles, etc. We've got everything one needs to know about playing the piccolo, plus great friends to help you out when you're stuck in a rut.
Here are the
1. Be Considerate! It is unbearable to come to a community and be treated like you don't belong. If you do anything to criticize, discriminate, or bash any other member you will be removed from this community. Even if they did it first.
2. Don't get off topic! This is a PICCOLO community. That means we talk about piccolo! If you're talking about general classical music, that's fine. But if you feel like talking about anything else, there are other communities. We don't mind occassional flute conversations here, but we've made a LiveJournal community for that too, so please post at flute_society for that, not here!
3. Do not promote! If the community is really that great, e-mail a moderator and we'll promote it ourselves. Otherwise, please don't clog up the posts with unwanted promoting! If it really warrants promoting, we'll be the ones to let everyone know!
4. CUT! CUT! CUT! If your post is unbelievably long, please LJ-Cut it! If you don't know how to LJ-Cut please refer to the LiveJournal FAQs. Nobody likes scrolling through their friends list to find a 5,000 word journal entry!
5. Friends Only! Please make all of your posts "Friends Only". This is a membership only community, so we'd like to keep our posts that way too!
6. Stay Active and HAVE FUN! The reason you joined this community (or are going to) is to have fun and learn more about the piccolo. Please enjoy yourself, or if you're not, let us know! It's our job to make sure that this community is doing it's job! If you have any problems, feel free to e-mail email@example.com (yes, we know it's long!) and we'll try our best to help you.
If you'd like to be invited, first join the International Flute Society. Then follow the
Guidelines for Joining
1. Request Membership.
2. Reply to this post with the following information:
3. IPS Number (read below)
4. Experience with piccolo
5. IFS Number (read below)
3. Be pacient! =D Once you've done both steps, it's up to us to invite you to the community. If you've followed the rules at the International Flute Society, then you should be invited within a week!
If you are a member of the IFS, you should have a IFS number already. If you don't know your number, you should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and request it.
Your IPS number is easy to figure out. If you're the first person to reply to this post requesting an invitation, your number is IPS001. If you are the second to reply, your number is IPS002. Third is IPS003 and so on. If you are invited elitely from the International Flute Society, you will be given your number through e-mail but otherwise it is your duty to figure it out from the replies to this post.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact InternationalPiccoloSociety@hotmail.com